



Senate Meeting

The 1965 Room

10/14/2023

5:15 PM

I. Call to Order @ 5:18

II. Roll Call:

III. Approval of the Minutes

Motioned: Lucas B

Second: Lucas W

All in favor say I opposed say no

IV. Approval of the Agenda

Motioned: Lorendy

Second: Radwa

All in favor say I opposed say no

V. Reports

a) President-

Karime: We had a good UC meeting this past Wednesday. We went over the committee funds and the provost came. We were given the rundown on enrollment but will not be told the official number till next week. This week is Faculty senate. I will be given the rundown on enrollment but will not be told the official rundown next week. let Nathan go into that. I yield.

b) Vice President-

Tanisha: My name is Tanisha, and I am the vice president. If you do not know me, you all should know me. We are going to Share Governance on Thursday. Jay Rothman will be coming in to speak with us. I think Green Bay will be focusing on the unfairness of funding, if you did not know the money you pay does not go to the school it goes to the UW system. UW Green Bay does not get a fair portion for our growing school. We are going to explain our feelings about that. I am working with other organizations on campuses to go to their meetings and work with them to recruit senators. Talk and tea is not starting this week, but it will be on Wednesday next week. I will put up a little notice. If you would like to come you can, if you do not want to come then you do not have to. I would appreciate it if you were there. I will be making a potluck meal. My food is good, just ask Karime. Next week I may not be here. It is my adoption anniversary. I am going to be at my parents' and if so, you will have Lorendy. I yield.

c) Speaker of the Senate-

Lorendy: Hello everyone I am Lorendy and I am the Speaker of the Senate. I have been working on contacting members regarding them wanting to join SGA. I have been in contact with Student court regarding the 2025 election and rules. Therefore, they will be present in one of our upcoming senate meetings. Shared Governance is on Friday. I am excited to speak with Jay Rothman. I yield.

d) Location Campus Committee-

Caden: The Sheboygan campus is having an event. This Wednesday I am going to discuss some of the issues that they are having. The Manitowa and Sheboygan campuses have Halloween events. There has been a complaint from Manitowa regarding the restriction of student areas. Students are losing their area and talking with the chancellor about it. I yield

e) RHAA-

Kaylee: Future meeting will be at the same time with the location change. The new meeting place will be room 125 in the union. There will be no meeting this week. We still have a position open for the executive board. Email SORHAA@uwgb.edu if you are interested in getting involved but not sure how to. Have a wonderful week.

f) Advisors-

Katie: Hello everybody, I am Katie, and I am one of your advisors. We had our first Leadership meeting last week. We talked about how we can support the leadership. The clothing swap is Next week Monday and Tuesday. You can come and go. Phoenix fan night is tomorrow night at 6pm, Wednesday is Take Back the Night, Thursday is the overdue payment deadline,

Adam: Hello everybody, I am Adam, and I am one of your advisors. Cena De Estrellas Thursday the 21st. It is the last event for Spanish Heritage event. You can get your ticket at Utik. I got to sit in on an event for Lawyers for Learner because you are a student in the University you can get it free co rescues. Help student for driver license recorded clean up, housing, immigration, and gender identity changed. It is complete fee changes. October 29th there is a know your lease workshop and it is completely online.

VI. New Business

a) Senator Confirmations

- Ethan Schuelke

Tanisha: introduce yourself, name, pronouns, major, and why you want to be a part of SGA.

Ethan: Hi, I am Ethan Schuelke. I go he/him, I am a theater major with an emphasis in technology with a minor in education. I want to Join SGA because they have more of a voice in things like arts in performance like last year. As you know my major does not exist anymore. It got cut. As a full year from the chancellor and the deans all of them say how big our performance was and how they want to see more and then back side slapped in the face because they got rise of my major. So, I want to help that not happen to any other major.

Tanisha: So how is going to happen is that it will go into a Q&A session. People will ask you questions then we will ask you to leave so we can make our decision. If you have a question, please raise your Placker's or your hands.

Sawyer: is there anything that you plan to do to benefit your field of study?

Ethan: I think a lot of this school does not focus on the arts expectably you hear about all the athletic events and all those "big" events, but you never hear about arts events. They do not advertise art like athletic events do. Having more advertising for the arts or even trying to get funding for it. I know that we passed \$30,000 and are trying to get more than that. It will benefit not just art but everyone.

Moises: What committees are you looking at joining?

Ethan: Arts and Performance, joining the dining on because a day does not go by without wanting to complain about the food. Maybe trying to get some better food choices, SUFAC because giving the money to the students that want it for the organization. Best way for campus

Lucas B: Fun fact about yourself?

Ethan: I am technically right-handed, but I am stronger in my left hand. Just because I played baseball, and it was easier to catch.

Karime: How do you describe your leadership style?

Ethan: I would say I do not like to be a Confrontational person in some cases. Confrontational can be scary. I like being the person where I say let us figure this out or

compromise on it. Not everyone will get what they want.

Radwa: So, I heard you say you would like to in hance the attention to the programs?

Ethan: I am an alternative theater trashier. We are a theater organization on campus, and we try to promote our shoes as much as possible. We can in hance thing with the winder center.

Tanisha: See no one we will move into a vote. If you would like to take a step out, please. We will get you. I would like to make a move to confirm Ethan as a center

Moved by Lucas

Seconded by Lorenday.

Lucas W: Ethan brings a lot of experience. I thought the theater major was still around. So, it be nice to have a voice and to see what it is like inside and to bring the theater back up.

Radwa: I agree especially with his participation with alternative theater and the other members he brings a lot of insight.

Tanisha: Moving into a roll call vote

Kenadra: Devian---> Yes

Lorendy ---> yes

Lucas W: ---> Yes

Sawyer---> Yes

Tanisha: The motion passes at 4-0-1

b) Leadership Contracts for Senators

Lorendy: My time to shine. Hello everyone. Within the Leadership contracts it is you signing and agreeing to serving two office hours during the week, every other week attending senate meetings, attending your committee meetings, returning all of SGA stuff within three business days. If you could sign it and give it back to me that would be great.

c) Org Food Drive

Karime: I am sure Katie can explain this better than I can. There is going to be a clothing swap and what they are doing is asking each organization to host a food drive. The organization that brings in the most food will have a pizza party. I thought it would be good for us to participate because we are Student government, and it is beneficial for us to help campus. It is for the campus cupboard.

Motion: Nathan

Second: Moisis

Tanisha: since it is a yes, I have a big moving box that I will bring in and just put it in there. Make sure that it is not expired and that you do not need a bunch of other ingredients

Katie: The points are based off how many items you bring it. You can find things on sale and or the dollar tree.

Moises: are there any specific foods we should pay attention to?

Katie: tuna because it is a high protein and easily excusable. Canned veggies we buy frozen because it is better but student like canned, mac and cheese, pasta, peanut butter, and that type of stuff

Kayla: I volunteer for the campus cupboard so I can send a list of things that we need and that last longer. Cereal and pasta.

Tanisha: I think you can post it on the canvas

Nathan: do you except toiletries on top of food?

Katie: we will always take personal toiletries. I am just not sure if it is part of this one or not.

VII. Exec Committee Reports:

- Academic Affairs

Tanisha: So, Seamus had some stuff come up and normally we would ask them to step down than taking leave however his situation is out of his control, so he is going to be on leave for a hot minute. If you have any questions come ask Karime or me. I do not feel like spilling someone's personal business in a meeting. He is not going to be here for a bit. His committee will either get moved or I will be chairing it.

- Arts and Performance

Kayla: So, we had our first committee meeting last week. It was a successful meeting, and I told the Senators everything that was going on. It has been a little crazy from coming from summer into the school year. Kelly, my Leason, was also able to be in attendance and it was good because it was the only time that fit in here schedule. She got to come and talk with us about stuff and get our thoughts. She is presenting to SUFAC next week. I believe in making the arts and cultural fee permanent. That was a big discussion on how we are going to make it permanent when we have not done anything. We had a lot of brainstorming and talking about it sometimes. I am also keeping her updated on things as well. With that I yield

- Environmental Affairs

Derek: I met with Daniela today. We talked about a lot of different things that we can do on campus for the sustainability fund. She also put me in contact with a student that is on the board for, I believe, the Environmental Policies planning. So, we are going to see if we can work with them on things and get more ideas from them. Also to get people involved in Environmental Affairs.

- Equity and Diversity

Radwa: So, I had my first meeting with my Leason with Christean. We talked about my goals and just talked about some good details. She also told me I should contact Stacy because she was my old Leason and get some member for Lit that I want to do. I want to enhance the presentation for the university regarding the Hate and Biase form. Also talked to Lit the plan at least two members on the Hate and Biase form and they asked me to be one because I am the chair for Equity and Diversity. I will be having my first meeting with my committee next Monday and hopefully I will have met with Stayce by then and then I can present on it. Also to bring them to some Lit meeting so they know what we are wanting to do

- Health and Safety

Tanisha: I am working on getting those support groups that I was talking about for Sexual Assaulted survivors and mental health. I am hoping those will be up and going for next semester. I just must work around students who know things. We must find someone who is certified and not just a student. I am hoping to get those up and going.

- Intergovernmental Affairs

Moises: So, last week I had my first meeting with senator Sawyer. It was a great meeting with him. We discussed Intergovernmental Affairs is going to progress and the committee will progress. I am also preparing for Shared Governance this week. I am revising policies and looking at things I want to say for President Jay Rothman.

Katie: Have you chatted with the Chancellor about your potential conversation with Jay Rothman?

Moises: Yes, I have.

- Recreation and Athletics

Nathan: As Karime said earlier, we had a meeting with Josh Moon. We talked about how athletics attitude towards the student body's treatment and their recession on campus. This has been an issue for the last few weeks. I am aware of a few of the events that have happened, and we did discuss those with him. He plans to discuss that with them today with the head coach during all catches' meeting. We also discussed the communication barrier. I

know especially about housing with athletics. They have no communication. We are trying to set a Leason up for them. You can address situations if we are not a where of them. So, setting a Leason up will help with the communication. Also, I am collaborating with Cassie, the compliance director for the Athletics, and Christan, the director of the art gallery. We are trying to set up a time for the athletes to go to it. It is professors works are so we want to make sure we are getting out to the other parts. We also talked to Josh about getting recognized at a women basketball game. We talked about it being a women game at the Kress. The best dates that correspond with the battle of I-43 are going to be December 14th and it is against Creighton it is a Saturday game or December 4th and that is against IU Indy.

• Union and Dining

Tanisha: I did not receive anything from Erika this week. I will talk to her. I rember what I was going to say before and what this note meant. I got a big email from Matt who is the head of the union. We have been playing cat and mouse because our schedules are the opposite. However, we have been discussing the way students are being treated and food being labeled wrong. Things being to price for student or too high in price for students. Transfer meals do not get you get a drink and a sandwich. Also talked about renting a room

Kaitie: Where did you hear about renting a room?

Tanisha: Stephane

• SUFAC

Lucas B: Last Thursday we went over our guidelines, and we approved them. We are having some people presenting on Thursday. I also sent out everyone is their budget that attended the budget training

Matthew: I sent everyone an email so they can go over their budget from 2023-24 school year.

VIII. Announcements-

Derek: All the trees they are cutting down in the Arbon view are going to be replanted and the electric chargers are still not up and going. The company that runes them does not respond back to the emails

Kayla: As Nathan said earlier the Lotan Gallery did open a new exhibit. It is artwork by my professors. The Lotan is open from 10am to 3pm from Monday to Saturday. Please go check it out. It is on the 2nd floor of the Theater Hall. If you use the stairs, you will see it. It is cool.

Radwa: What do we do when we have to park in the 15 minutes parking overnight?

Karima: Yes, I have gotten a whole grand total of two emails about parking. I have been in contact with Aj Walker. I did get some answers on why the Kress is not overnight parking anymore because the construction is over. There is no need for it to be overnight. It is a policy. I was talking to Lieutenant Walker, and we thought about reserving a space and making it an info session. We would like Lieutenant Walker and Becker to come in and talk with you.

Radwa: when we were trained in housing that there is more parking than we have living in housing but when have students who stay overnight even though they do not live here.

Karima: There are a total of 4092 parking spaces. There should be enough. I just think that people do not like to walk to it. If there are enough parking spaces, there is no way they are all taken. We also have the most parking spots int the UW schools also it is people cannot find a parking spot close to where they want to go.

Tanisha: So, I guess if you want a different perspective. I am a commuting student. I do not live on campus. I have lived on campus for 3 years and it sucks to have to park in the farthest parking lot but know that I am a commuter student there have been times where I had to park in the back of lab science because there is no parking in the Kress. Yes, it sucks to walk to your dorm, but it also sucks to have to walk from the back of lab science to the union. We want to try and do a seminar.

Derek: The biggest issue is that people who live in housing cannot park in the housing lot. It was fine last year and the year before but not my first year it was bad. I had to park in a lot farthest away from my housing and that is frustrating, and you cannot find parking close to you.

Tanisha: The safe programing is only available at some times.

IX. Adjournment-

Motion: Moises

Second Nathan

All in favorer say I opposed say no

@ 5:58

Student Government Association, University Union 151,
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2420 Nicolet Drive, Green Bay, WI 54311-7001

Student Government Association, University Union 151,
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2420 Nicolet Drive, Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
